Sep 2, 2022
Today we're so excited to welcome Amanda Berlin, Lead Incident
Detection Engineer at Blumira, back to the show (did you miss
Amanda's first appearance on the show? Check it
You might already be familiar with Amanda's
Security Handbook or her work with the Mental Health
Hackers organization. Today we virtually sat down to
tackle a variety of topics and questions, including:
- What if HAFNIUM2 comes out today and only affects 2 specific
versions of Exchange? Does Blumira buy every
software/hardware thingy out there and have an evil scientist lab
where they test out all these different exploits, and then create
detections for them?
- Can an old, out-of-touch security guy like me still find a
place at the Vegas hacker conferences (even though I hate lines,
heat, crowds and partying)? Spoiler alert: yes.
- Are security vendors more likely to share their
software/hardware security services with a defensive security group
like Blumira, rather than pentesters like 7MinSec?
- Does Amanda think there's a gender bias in the security
- Besides being aware of it happening, what can we do to cut down
the bullying/secure-splaining/d-baggery/etc. in the industry?