Jul 8, 2022
In today's episode, I try to get us thinking about our extended
family's emergency/DR plan. Why? Because I recently had a close
family member suffer a health scare, and it brought to light some
questions we didn't have all the answers for:
- Do we have creds to log onto his computer?
- How about his email accounts?
- Do we have usernames/passwords for retirement accounts, bank
- For vehicles/ATVs/boats/etc. - do we have documentation about
their service records? How about titles?
- Can we get into his phone to get key info off of text messages
and grab phone #s of key contacts?
- What are his wishes if he were to pass? Do not resuscitate? How
is the money getting handled? Cremation vs. burial?
- Do we have redundancy in this plan, or is it
all on paper in a file somewhere?